To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Level
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Director, Procurement New Categories
Number of Direct Reports
0 (Opportunity for the right candidate to lead a team in the future)
Internal – Finance, Operations, LEX, R&D, Marketing, Procurement (local and globally)
External – CMOs, Raw material suppliers
Local focus with Global exposure
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Participate in the definition of the Global Category and Sourcing strategies for beyond nicotine categories to achieve Local and Global business objectives for the next 3 – 5 yrs
- Provide inputs to Global New Categories team on US Market specific requirements (ie regulatory, FDA driven, etc)
- Execute sourcing and category plans for RAI’s beyond nicotine categories in line with global standards and policies- develop and build business cases and strategies to support W&S category development and product launch pipeline. Support Global Sourcing and Category Managers in building strong supplier base relationships, manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category and sourcing strategies
- Complete market studies to support assessment and shortlist of potential suppliers as part of RAI tender process. Supply Chain mapping – Tier 2/3, supplier maps, Risk identification, “Make vs Buy”, In housing. Also includes Benchmarking: Raw material pricing, ingredients, packaging, printing, CMO’s (MFG costs) – Pricing optimization Complete all activities necessary to launch new products in tight timelines, including supporting Pre-market Tobacco Application (PMTA) applications
- Monitor contractual performance in accordance with agreed SLAs to identity and resolve issues, escalating as appropriate
- Support in the definition and execution of global and RAI’s local Business Continuity plan and pro-active risk management for Beyond Nicotine Categories in alignment with Global Procurement
- Active participation on the annual budgeting process (CoPlan) for beyond nicotine Categories, as well as on monthly SOP updates
- Support the implementation of programs to ensure compliance with Company EHS polices, Company Safety Rules, ESG glidepath and regulatory requirements relevant for beyond nicotine Categories Work with incumbent suppliers to implement Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) KPI setting against ESG Agenda
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience leading multi-functional teams to drive projects to completion?
- Do you thrive in fast-paced environments in which there is no roadmap on how to operate?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field and Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant area (BS Engineering, Business, or related field).
- Demonstrated history of operating and delivering in changing business environments under pressure. Minimum of 5 years in Procurement or Supply Chain Management roles
- Experience and knowledge of beverages, food and/or pharma industries. Familiarity with food and/or pharma relevant legislative and regulatory requirements in US, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk Expertise in successful development of complex, multi-country contracts and agreements
- Solid level of commercial awareness – business, supply fundamentals, purchasing power, future trends, commodities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographical boundaries and cultures. Strong cross functional stakeholder management
- Comprehensive knowledge of innovation processes, supplier capabilities and competitor activity and trends. Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers
- Experience procuring components or ingredients and achieving year-over-year savings target. Understanding of total cost models, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements). Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products. 353Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
- Experience in Food, Beverage, Confectionary, Pharmaceutical or Electronic Devices categories.
- Lean Manufacturing experience and / or IWS
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!