BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Executive
FUNCTION: Supply Chain
LOCATION: Kuala Lumpur
SUB FUNCTION: Plan
CITY & COUNTRY: SNO Hub
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
- Execute activities to support the delivery of Cash, Cost, Service, and SNO KPIs for the assigned DRBU
- As SNO SPOC working with factory & suppliers to help achieve Area, DRBU & Region’s targets
- Actively adopt and implement digital transformation initiatives (Integrated Planning Transformation, Hive, Clear Metal, PBI, and other online tools) for the assigned factory/end market
- Continuously upskill the technical capabilities and commercial understanding through supplier collaboration initiatives
- Continuously seek and explore process simplification within Area & DRBU
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Execute the DRBU plan in line with Regional & Global supplier collaboration direction
Number of Direct Reports
Internal –SNO, Area, DRBU & factory team, Logistic, Procurement
External – Suppliers, Logistic providers
No (exception basis for factory/supplier visits)
- Responsible for executing the firm orders within lead-time for suppliers whilst maintaining target inventory levels and optimal supplier price.
- Responsible for monitoring, actioning and resolving suppliers’ exceptions
- Responsible for aligning purchase orders in the firm zone
- Responsible for collaborating with the master planner (or SNP) and suppliers on purchase orders within lead-time.
- Responsible for monitoring and actioning inventory at risk of obsolesce
- Responsible to implement the phasing in and out of new/old materials as part of a controlled process (achieving agreed deadlines with minimum cost).
- Responsible for the purchasing, sourcing and transactional master data
- Responsible for sharing forecast with suppliers
- Responsible for monitor and act upon constraints within suppliers
- Proactively collaborate with supplier to drive long term process improvement
- Support resolution of invoicing issues by working with relevant Finance team
- Explore opportunities for improved planning efficiency and placing of materials orders
- Responsible for resolving any process /system issues to ensure compliance to business controls.
- 0-3 years across Planning, Procurement, NPI (graduates with internship experience welcome to apply)
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and digital skills
- Good Supply Chain and materials purchasing knowledge (process, metrics)
- Good knowledge in IWS, CI tools, and agile concept
- Some evidence of leadership capabilities, for example:
- Ability to make smart decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Curiosity to seek out new ideas and knowledge.
- Challenging complexity and seeking out simpler / faster ways of working.
- Setting high standards and delivering outstanding results.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- University degree (Supply Chain related major could be an advantage)
- Mastery in material knowledge & procurement area could be an advantage
- Manufacturing & Commercial experience would be an advantage
- Experience with ERP / Planning systems.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!