BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT HONG KONGIS LOOKING FOR A KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management Level
FUNCTION: Trade Marketing & Distribution
SALARY RANGE: Base salary + Excellent Benefits + Market Leading Bonus
LOCATION: Wan Chai,Hong Kong
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
As a Key Account Manager, this role key pillar in the TM&D unit to drive BAT’s business and exposure in the strategically important Key Account channel especially in the HK domestic market through the development and execution of channel and account plan in a manner which meets overall company, brand, and trade marketing objectives.
Key mission is to grow volume, share and profit by deployment of professional key account management skills to engage and form collaboration with account handlers thus establishing BAT as the preferred supplier.
Reports to: Group Key Account Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Understand and ride on account category role to propose growth initiative on total BAT category performance
- Support Group Key Account Manager with strategic input / view on own/competitor brand movement
- Leveraging customer information for on-going category monitoring, identify trend/opportunity to derive corresponding measure/initiative as well as accurate forecasting
- Contact and engage new/emerging KA and propose level of engagement corresponding to account potential, strategic importance and level of cooperation
- Explore new business opportunities to support business growth agenda
- Achieve assigned account metrics (e.g., Volume/Value/Brand Share/Cash Management, etc)
- Regular business review with assigned accounts and develop account plan to get alignment with customer on company strategies
- Govern program implementation and provide timely analysis and insights
- Manage the demand forecast for CVS & New Channels
- Taking full responsibility in managing the stock allocation/replenishment through the ordering system
- Providing support on the data extraction and analysis
- Manage LEX related initiatives
- Deploy company investment strategy and achieve optimal results in visibility, pricing, compliance and return
- Secure/Retain/Maintain company best interest during negotiation with KA /assigned accounts on credit or related trading terms
- Governs credit management as per agreed terms/policy
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University graduate or above
- At least 5-7 years sales management experience, including at least 4 years key account management experience preferably in a renowned FMCG company.
- Strong inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Strategic thinking with superb in analytical skills and sensitive to numbers
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- A strong and constructive negotiator
- Good selling and presentation skills
- Experience working in or alongside a highly regulated industry
- Experience working within or alongside a large corporate or FMCG company environment
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!